Splunk Search

How to extract a field value which have combination of number and special characters?

akarivaratharaj
Communicator

I have a field which have values only with numbers and also with combination of number and special characters as values. I would like to filter the field values where both number and special characters are in it.

Example:
Log 1 -> field1="238_345$345"

Log 2 -> field1="+739-8883

Log 3 -> field1="542.789#298"

Already I have tried in writing regex query but there is no expression to filter out the combination of digits & special characters. (No expression to filter all the special character).

How can I filter and display the field value which have the combination of number and special characters? Could anyone help me on this?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

SinghK
Builder
[+\-0-9#$%^!._?@]

character class 

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you sure you want _any_ special character? How do you even define a special character in this case?

I'd rather go either for any non-space character and use

\S

or explicitly define set of acceptable character using character class. Like

[-0-9#$%^!.?@]
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...