Splunk Search

How to combine three different queries(condition) to create one email alert?

anna
Explorer

1st Query :

StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="sfdc:transaction_log__c" HasError__c=false Transaction_Log__c="*"
| eval message = "200andNo matching records were found"
| where like(_raw,"%".message."%")
| append
[search StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="sfdc:transaction_log__c" Transaction_Log__c="*"
| eval message = "400andDealer Code provided is invalid"
| where like(_raw,"%".message."%")]
| append
[search StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="sfdc:transaction_log__c" Transaction_Log__c="*"
| eval message = "400andDealer Type provided is invalid"
| append
| eval message = "400andNo Dealer Code was provided"
| append
| eval message = "400andNo Dealer Type was provided"
| append
| eval message = "400andInvalid input data"
| append
| eval message = "500andCannot deserialize request body"
| append
[search StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="sfdc:exception_log__c" ErrorCode__c=500 Interface_Name__c=StoreManagementAPI
| eval message = "Unexpected character"
| append
[search StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="sfdc:exception_log__c" ErrorCode__c=500 Interface_Name__c=StoreManagementAPI
| where Error_Description__c != "Unexpected character ('}' (code 125)): was expecting double-quote to start field name at [line:4, column:6]"
| table _time,Error_Description__c
| rename Error_Description__c as message]
| timechart span=30m count by message
| eval eval threshold = 25

2nd query :

StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="*" "attributes.type"="*"
| stats count(sourcetype) as total_events
| where total_events > 480

3rd query :

StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="sfdc:transaction_log__c" Transaction_Log__c="*"
| eval _raw= Transaction_Log__c
| rex max_match=0 "timestamp[[:punct:]]+(?<timestamp>[^\\\"]+)"
| eval first_timestamp=mvindex(timestamp,0), last_timestamp=mvindex(timestamp, -1)
| eval first_ts = strptime(first_timestamp, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%3N%Z"), last_ts = strptime(last_timestamp, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%3N%Z")
| eval diff = last_ts - first_ts
| stats avg(diff) as average

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @anna,

at first I hint to semplify your first search because, if your subsearches has more than 50,000 results, it could give wrong results, and then it's a very heavy search.

You could instead use a different approach:

StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="sfdc:transaction_log__c"  Transaction_Log__c="*"
| eval message=case(
   like(message,"%200andNo matching records were found%"),"200andNo matching records were found",
   like(message,"%400andDealer Code provided is invalid%"),"400andDealer Code provided is invalid",
   like(message,"%400andDealer Type provided is invalid%"),"400andDealer Type provided is invalid",
   like(message,"%400andNo Dealer Code was provided%"),"400andNo Dealer Code was provided",
   like(message,"%400andNo Dealer Type was provided%"),"400andNo Dealer Type was provided",
   like(message,"%400andInvalid input data%"),"400andInvalid input data",
   like(message,"%500andCannot deserialize request body%"),"500andCannot deserialize request body",
   like(message,"%Unexpected character%"),"Unexpected character",
   Error_Description__c!="Unexpected character (&#39;}&#39; (code 125)): was expecting double-quote to start field name at [line:4, column:6]")

Then, maybe I didn't understand, but I understood that you want to merge results from a timechart command (with timestamps) with two stats command (without timestamp), and each of them with a filter on the quantity, could you better describe what you want to have as result?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @anna,

at first I hint to semplify your first search because, if your subsearches has more than 50,000 results, it could give wrong results, and then it's a very heavy search.

You could instead use a different approach:

StoreManagementAPI index=b2cforce sourcetype="sfdc:transaction_log__c"  Transaction_Log__c="*"
| eval message=case(
   like(message,"%200andNo matching records were found%"),"200andNo matching records were found",
   like(message,"%400andDealer Code provided is invalid%"),"400andDealer Code provided is invalid",
   like(message,"%400andDealer Type provided is invalid%"),"400andDealer Type provided is invalid",
   like(message,"%400andNo Dealer Code was provided%"),"400andNo Dealer Code was provided",
   like(message,"%400andNo Dealer Type was provided%"),"400andNo Dealer Type was provided",
   like(message,"%400andInvalid input data%"),"400andInvalid input data",
   like(message,"%500andCannot deserialize request body%"),"500andCannot deserialize request body",
   like(message,"%Unexpected character%"),"Unexpected character",
   Error_Description__c!="Unexpected character (&#39;}&#39; (code 125)): was expecting double-quote to start field name at [line:4, column:6]")

Then, maybe I didn't understand, but I understood that you want to merge results from a timechart command (with timestamps) with two stats command (without timestamp), and each of them with a filter on the quantity, could you better describe what you want to have as result?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

anna
Explorer

Hi @gcusello ,

actually i want to create one email alert for this three queries that's why i need to combine this queries.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @anna,

I understand you need, but you're trying to display three kind of results, the problem isn't to execute searches but how to display results.

could you share a sample of the result you're waiting?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could try creating a dashboard with all three queries in and schedule a PDF delivery?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...