Splunk Search

How to change each instance of a field search result?

atebysandwich
Path Finder

I'm doing a search for server names and will eventually extract to to a csv. However, each result comes out as one of the following

• servername.domain: servername.domain
    servername: servername.domain
    servername: servername

How can I change the results in that particular field to be just servername? I feel like this is where regular expressions may come in to play. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

atebysandwich
Path Finder

I was able to figure out the issue without regex - I was looking at the wrong field. Thank you for the help, 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

| rex field=particular "\w+:(?<servername>\w+)\.)"
0 Karma

atebysandwich
Path Finder

Unfortunately that didn't work. The field results still come out the same. But I noticed they come out in a few different ways:

servername.domain: servername.domain
servername: servername.domain
servername: servername

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please share some sample events in a code block </> since normal pasting can alter the (white-space) formatting.

0 Karma

atebysandwich
Path Finder

I was able to figure out the issue without regex - I was looking at the wrong field. Thank you for the help, 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...