Splunk Search

How to Show how many users have access to an App?

SevenDos
Explorer

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a search that gives me back a table of all Apps and the amount of users that have access to it.

I can generate a list with all indexes and the amount of users that have access to it but I can't think of a way to do the same with Apps. I can generate who has accessed the app and when, but I can't seem to generate a list with the amount of users that have access to a specific app.

Anyone with an idea?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Start with this query to get a list of apps and the roles allowed to read (access) them.  An asterisk (*) means all roles have access.  Then cross-reference that with your list of roles and users with those roles.

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/apps/local | search * | fields title eai:acl.perms.read
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...