Splunk Search

How do I join two data models in a TSTATS without using JOIN or APPENDCOLS?

ymourtaza

Hello all,

I would like to pick the community's brains on this:

How do I join two data models in a TSTATS without using JOIN or APPENDCOLS?

Here are the actual searches that I have right now (one is using JOIN, one is using APPENDCOLS)

| tstats summariesonly=true latest(_time) as _time count AS "Count of Web" dc(Web.src) AS "Distinct Count of src" from datamodel=Web where (nodename = Web) groupby Web.src, Web.dest, Web.url, Web.http_user_agent, sourcetype, Web.user 
| rename Web.src as src_ip
| join type=outer src_ip 
    [| tstats count AS "Count of Allowed Traffic" dc(All_Traffic.src_ip) AS "Distinct Count of src_ip" from datamodel=Network_Traffic where (nodename = All_Traffic.Traffic_By_Action.Allowed_Traffic) (All_Traffic.dest_ip!="10.*") (All_Traffic.direction="out*") groupby All_Traffic.src_ip, All_Traffic.dest_ip, sourcetype, All_Traffic.action, _time]

| tstats summariesonly=true latest(_time) as _time count AS "Count of Web" dc(Web.src) AS "Distinct Count of src" from datamodel=Web where (nodename = Web) groupby Web.src, Web.dest, Web.url, Web.http_user_agent, sourcetype, Web.user
| rename Web.src as src_ip
| appendcols 
    [| tstats count AS "Count of Allowed Traffic" dc(All_Traffic.src_ip) AS "Distinct Count of src_ip" from datamodel=Network_Traffic where (nodename = All_Traffic.Traffic_By_Action.Allowed_Traffic) (All_Traffic.dest_ip!="10.*") (All_Traffic.direction="out*") groupby All_Traffic.src_ip, All_Traffic.dest_ip, sourcetype, All_Traffic.action, _time]
    | stats latest(_time) as _time index values(dest) as dest_ip values(web.url) as web.url count by src_ip

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

hettervik
Builder

I think the way to go for combining tstats searches without limits is using "prestats=t" and "append=true". Note that you maybe have to rewrite the searches quite a bit to get the desired results, but it should be possible.

Something like so:

| tstats summariesonly=true prestats=t latest(_time) as _time count AS "Count of Web" dc(Web.src) AS "Distinct Count of src" from datamodel=Web where (nodename = Web) groupby Web.src, Web.dest, Web.url, Web.http_user_agent, sourcetype, Web.user
| tstats prestats=t append=true count AS "Count of Allowed Traffic" dc(All_Traffic.src_ip) AS "Distinct Count of src_ip" from datamodel=Network_Traffic where (nodename = All_Traffic.Traffic_By_Action.Allowed_Traffic) (All_Traffic.dest_ip!="10.*") (All_Traffic.direction="out*") groupby All_Traffic.src_ip, All_Traffic.dest_ip, sourcetype, All_Traffic.action, _time
| rename Web.* as *, All_Traffic.* as *
| table _time index dest url src_ip
| stats latest(_time) as _time index values(dest) as dest_ip values(url) as url count by src_ip

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...