Splunk Search

How can I get counts for yesterday and last week?

dpatel01
Loves-to-Learn

Hi Splunkers,

I am stuck at how can I get counts for Yesterday and Last week. so ask is when select relative time from timer(in Dashboard) it should give me counts for yesterday in one panel and in another panel for last week. 

For Example,

1) I am searching for 9pm to 10pm in my Dashboard so I want to setup a query that gives me same time data but yesterday's 9pm to 10pm (Query for Yesterday)

2) If I run same data then other panel should give me counts for last week at same time (Query for last Week)

so I am looking for two separate queries for both.

Basic Query:-

index::name type=sample_events "service"="auth" "successReason"=VALID | stats count

Labels (7)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are a couple of ways to do this. Assume that the timepicker sets the time frame for the first panel.

Assuming you are using Classic Dashboard, in the change handler for the time picker, evaluate a couple of additional tokens which are a week prior to the earliest and latest values returned by the time picker.

Another way would be to override the earliest and latest values with values derived from the time settings of the search in the second panel, something like this

your search [| makeresults
  | addinfo
  | eval earliest=info_min_time-(7*24*60*60)
  | eval latest=info_max_time-(7*24*60*60)
  | fields earliest latest]

0 Karma

dpatel01
Loves-to-Learn

Thanks!! This is exactly what I asked for. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...