Splunk Search

Extracted fields in same table

SS1
Path Finder

Hi,

I have extracted 2 fields i.e. field1 & field2, while using the stats count command how do i use these extracted fields so that they show up in same table like below

source     issue      _time

userx       field1         12:00

usery        field1          13:00

userz         field2         14:00

Or should i use 2 different tables for  field1 and field2

below are the searches i am using

index=test1 | rex field=source "\\\\(?<source>\w+)-(?<issue>\w+)\.log$" | stats count by source,_time,field1| sort -_time| fields source,_time,field1

index=test1 | rex field=source "\\\\(?<source>\w+)-(?<issue>\w+)\.log$" | stats count by source,_time,field2 | sort -_time| fields source,_time,field2

Labels (5)
0 Karma

SS1
Path Finder

Sorry, i phrased the table wrong. field 1 and field2 are does not fall under issue

below is how i need the table,

source     Notification      _time

userx       field1                 12:00

usery        field1                13:00

userz         field2                14:00

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Then you can append 2nd query results to first one:

index=test1 | rex field=source "\\\\(?<source>\w+)-(?<issue>\w+)\.log$" | stats count by source,_time,field1| sort -_time| fields source,_time,field1 | eval Notification="field1" | append [ search index=test1 | rex field=source "\\\\(?<source>\w+)-(?<issue>\w+)\.log$" | stats count by source,_time,field1 | sort -_time| fields source,_time,field2 | eval Notification="field2"] | fields Notification, source, _time| stats max(source) as source, max(_time) as _time by Notification
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @SS1,

If field1 and field2 are values of field issue, then you only need one query:

index=test1 | rex field=source "\\\\(?<source>\w+)-(?<issue>\w+)\.log$" | stats count by source,issue,_time | fields -count

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...