Splunk Search

Dashboard - How to set default value for token to two different values, depending on query?

stucky101
Engager

Hey Gurus

I have a conundrum here regarding a Dashboard Studio board I'm working on to show Infoblox zone transaction details.

I'm trying to write queries that allow for either passing a grid site name or leave it blank and show global stats. Normally, the default value for a token is "*" and that works perfectly with splunk's host wildcard.

However, for some reason, you decided to use a different wildcard for the "where like" function, that being "%". This messes up a query I have when not passing a value for site. Fe. the following query works out as desired when I pass token "sf01-ibsn-c01n"  for macro_site:

where new_serial="$macro_serial$" AND like(client_resolved, "$macro_site$%") 

It interpolates it as :

where new_serial="2654170934" AND like(client_resolved, "sf01-ibsn-c01n%") 

Of course, when I don't pass a site, the query turns into garbage:

where new_serial="2654170934" AND like(client_resolved, "*%")

I cannot change the default value to "%", since now the host wildcard is messed up. I basically need either two conditional defaults or, perhaps, some dash/xml logic to deal with this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you ! 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

stucky101
Engager

Answering my own question here. I fixed it. Didn't realize that "search" can also take k/v so I dont even need "where" at all. Luckily, "search" takes regular wildcards 🙂

| search client_resolved="$macro_site$*"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...