Splunk Search

Compare data between two sourcetype

VandanaBansal
Loves-to-Learn

I have two different sourcetypes src_a, src_b.

src_a: This is a CSV uploaded from Server (has expected results for each event) and data has not changes since october so there was no upload after that

src_b: we have data for daily result count for each event

I want to compare src_a (last updated data received) to src_b (last 3 days) and show variance.  Please help

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

VandanaBansal
Loves-to-Learn

SO what I have is Expected Link Clicks count (this does not change) and Actual Link Clicks (Daily Data). It has common fields Link Name, Activity, count

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Start with something like this

(index=foo source=src_a) OR (index=bar source=src_b)
| stats values(*) as * by Link Name, Activity, count
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

VandanaBansal
Loves-to-Learn

Hi

My requirement is:

I have two source types. First Source type data was uploaded 1 week back.

I have another source type which gets data on daily basis. I am using Time Range filter for 3 days. I want to setup alert while comparing data.

I need to find out how i can  get data from first source type which was last uploaded (can be 1 week back or 1 month back).  With last 3 days data of second source type.

Thank you for helping me on this!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Tell us more about the two sourcetypes.  Are they similar in structure?  Do they share any field names or values?  What do you mean by "show variance"?  Does it really make sense to compare October to 3 days ago?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...