Splunk Enterprise

Extracting events based on latest field

selvam_sekar
Path Finder

Hi,

I have the raw data/Event as below, the splunk gets the rawdata  every 2 hrs once and only 4 time a day. This runs at 11.36 AM ,13.36,15:36 PM, 17:36 PM splunk gets the rawdata.

Per day i am getting ~2.5K events 

Field:DATETIME , tells what time the job run

2024-04-15 21:36:58.960, DATETIME="2024-04-15 17:36:02", REGION="India", APPLICATION="webApp", CLIENT_CODE="ind", MARKET_CODE="SEBI", TRADE_COUNT="1"

What I am looking is when i run the dashboard, where I want to monitor the trade count by market_code over latest DATETIME.

For instance, if i run the dashboard at 14:00 hrs, the field DATETIME might have 11.36 (~600 events), 13.36(~600 events). I want to see only 13.36hrs 600 events, and metric would be TRADE_COUNT by MARKET_CODE

Thanks,

Selvam.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In order to do calculations or meaningful comparisons with dates and times, they need to be converted (parsed) to unix-style timestamps.

| eval datetime_unix=strptime(DATETIME, "%F %T")
| eventstats max(datetime_unix) as last_datetime
| where datetime_unix == last_datetime
| stats count by market_code
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...