Splunk Enterprise Security

How to replace High number Digits with a letter?

omri_p
Engager

I have created several dashboards containing high numbers (millions or thousands)
in the dashboard i would like the results to show only the 1 - 2 digits and replace the rest with a dedicated letter (the same as at the glass table)
example:
the dashboard displays a refreshing result of 3,000,000 Millions events ----> i want to display 3M
13,000,000 Millions events ----> i want to display 13M
and the same if the results changes to thonsands

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

niketnilay
Legend

@omri_p in Splunk Enterprise 7.x has axis abbreviation available which when set to auto, results in closest SI prefix. Refer to documentation:https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/ChartConfigurationReference#Area.2C_Bubble.2...

charting.axisX.abbreviation 
charting.axisY.abbreviation
charting.axisY2.abbreviation 

PS: charting.axisY2.abbreviation is not supported for bubble and scatter charts.

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@omri_p ,

Try using case,

| eval formatted_number=case(number>=1000000,round(number/1000000,1),number>=1000000,round(number/100000,1))
| eval unit=case(floor(number/1000000) > 1,"M",floor(number/100000) >1,"K")
| eval number=formatted_number.unit
| fields number

where number is your value field. You may extend the case conditions to cover all possible values

Happy Splunking!

mihir_hardas
Explorer

We need a sophisticated function, convert numeric function that will take care of such conversion of large number in millions, billions as 1.20M , 0.8B

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Improve Your Security Posture

Watch NowImprove Your Security PostureCustomers are at the center of everything we do at Splunk and security ...

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...