Splunk Enterprise Security

Adding field from one search to another

dawcek

Hello All on Splunk Answer.

I have following very simple search:

*index=*proxy domain="somedomain.com"
| stats values(url) values(action) values(respcode) count by src_ip

In events from proxy I don't have information about user who accessed urls and I wanted to get this information from Windows related events:
by following search:

index=*windows EventCode=4624 Source_Workstation!="-" AND user!="*$"
| stats count by src_ip,user]

Is there any sollution how to add user field to stats table for accessing particular domain ?
I though about using join appendcols commands.

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Karma

starcher
Influencer

Yeah don’t use join or append. They have limits. Do both root searches together with an or. Then stats that together

wmyersas
Builder

There are limits, but you're not likely to hit them unless you have massive data sets and don't filter well

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dawcek
Can you please try this?

(index=proxy domain="somedomain.com") OR (index=windows EventCode=4624 Source_Workstation!="-" AND user!="$")
| stats values(url) as url values(action) as action values(respcode) as respcode values(user) as user count by src_ip 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...