Loves-to-Learn
Hi All,
I wish to create a regex that should work with multiple log format
using  2 type log format.
1)
log format:
5 auth_mechanism: SSO_ISE auth group

[syslog_pass1]
regex =(?P<user_agent>\s+[(\S+)])(?P<cust_field>(?:\s+(?:\")?([^\"$]+))?)
FORMAT= user_agent::$1  cust_field::$2

2)
In second log format , one new field(proxy_id) is added in between user_agent ad cust_field.
Log Format:
 5 3 auth_mechanism: SSO_ISE auth group

[syslog_pass2]
regex =(?P<user_agent>\s+[(\S+)])(?P<proxy_instance_id>\s+[(\S+)])(?P<cust_field>(?:\s+(?:\")?([^\"$]+))?) 
FORMAT= user_agent::$1 proxy_id::$2 cust_field::$3

we wrote 2 regex for different log format.but field extration is not happening properly
if log is coming in  this log  format:  5 auth_mechanism: SSO_ISE  but so i am getting field value for user_agent is 5 , proxy_id is a , cust_field is auth_mechanism: SSO_ISE.
how to correct the regex for getting correct value of field ?
Tags (1)
0 Karma

maciep
Champion

Assuming that is the entire message and useragent/proxy id will be numbers, I'd probably write it like this, with just one regex.

^\s*(?<user_agent>\d+)\s*(?<proxy_id>\d*)\s*(?<cust_field>[^:]+)

Also, I believe if you specify the named capture group in your regex, then you don't need to specify the FORMAT....at least at search time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...