Security

How to solve Splunk app for infrastructure script error?

aalaa
Path Finder

Hi team,

I have a problem in the functioning of splunk application for infrastructure, when I launch the script under the command line of my host (ubunto 16) I always find this error :

Failed to install libcurl package. exiting

Script : export SPLUNK_URL=X.X.X.X && export HEC_PORT=8088 && export RECEIVER_PORT=9997 && export INSTALL_LOCATION=/opt/ && export HEC_TOKEN=eb8d0b7d-1a8c-4ba2-8997-107acf610cf7 && export SAI_ENABLE_DOCKER= && export DIMENSIONS= METRIC_TYPES=cpu,uptime,df,disk,interface,load,memory,processmon METRIC_OPTS=cpu.by_cpu LOG_SOURCES=/etc/collectd/collectd.log%collectd,\$SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/*.log*%uf,/var/log/syslog%syslog,/var/log/daemon.log%syslog,/var/log/auth.log%syslog AUTHENTICATED_INSTALL=Yes && wget --no-check-certificate http://172.17.1.51:8000/static/app/splunk_app_infrastructure/unix_agent/unix-agent.tgz && tar -xzf unix-agent.tgz || gunzip -c unix-agent.tgz | tar xvf - && cd unix-agent && bash install_uf.sh && bash install_agent.sh && cd .. && rm -rf unix-agent && rm -rf unix-agent.tgz

Any help please ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

djcmay
Explorer

Hi @aalaa,

just in case, you didn't figured it out yet. Most likely is the problem, that your language of ubuntu is not set to english. The installer script checks, if the lib is installed and fails, if there is no "installed" in the output. So switch your os language to english and it should work.

All the best
Christoph

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...