Reporting

When was a Report last run?

gerrysr6
Explorer

Our system has a lot of Reports defined and I'm tasked with cleaning them up. The first thing I want to do is determine when each was last used. I found some searches that are supposed to help, but they are too old or something, results are invalid (e.g. I am getting back Alerts and Searches when I want only Reports).

Out of 199 Reports 7 are scheduled so I can guess when they ran last.

Can someone show me a search that returns Reports each with their last run date? 

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dtburrows3
Builder

I was able to find a provenance="UI:Report" inside of index=_introspection sourcetype=search_telemetry that I think will have the data you are after.

Example SPL:

index=_introspection sourcetype=search_telemetry desc.provenance="UI:Report" earliest=-90d@d latest=now
    | stats
        values(host) as hosts,
        latest(timestamp) as last_run_epoch
            by "desc.app", "desc.savedsearch_name"
    | eval
        days_since_last_run=((now()-'last_run_epoch')/(60*60*24)),
        duration_since_last_run=tostring((now()-'last_run_epoch'), "duration")
    | convert
        ctime(last_run_epoch) as last_run_timestamp

View solution in original post

dtburrows3
Builder

I was able to find a provenance="UI:Report" inside of index=_introspection sourcetype=search_telemetry that I think will have the data you are after.

Example SPL:

index=_introspection sourcetype=search_telemetry desc.provenance="UI:Report" earliest=-90d@d latest=now
    | stats
        values(host) as hosts,
        latest(timestamp) as last_run_epoch
            by "desc.app", "desc.savedsearch_name"
    | eval
        days_since_last_run=((now()-'last_run_epoch')/(60*60*24)),
        duration_since_last_run=tostring((now()-'last_run_epoch'), "duration")
    | convert
        ctime(last_run_epoch) as last_run_timestamp

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...