Monitoring Splunk

Why is there Splunk Cloud Monitoring Console Inaccuracy?

jamie1
Communicator

Hi There,

I have just checked the Cloud Monitoring Console after receiving an email that noted some apps were ready to be upgraded to Python 3. I am using Splunk Cloud and saw the following information about my universal forwarders.

I have attached a screenshot, but the date doesn't appear to make sense and the newer version is showing as being outdated.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jamie

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

This is because the Cloud Monitoring Console version on your cloud stack does not currently have the support end-dates configured for 9.1.x, the following eval is used to determine the support expiration:

| eval fwd_7_3_eos=relative_time(strptime("22-Oct-2021", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_8_0_eos=relative_time(strptime("22-Oct-2021", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_8_1_eos=relative_time(strptime("19-Apr-2023", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_8_2_eos=relative_time(strptime("12-May-2023", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_9_0_eos=relative_time(strptime("14-Jun-2024", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_default_eos=relative_time(strptime("01-Jan-1971", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d") 
| eval expTimestamp = case( match(version, "^7\.3"), fwd_7_3_eos, match(version, "^8\.0"), fwd_8_0_eos, match(version, "^8\.1"), fwd_8_1_eos, match(version, "^8\.2"), fwd_8_2_eos, match(version, "^9\.0"), fwd_9_0_eos, 1==1, fwd_default_eos) 

As you may be able to see, this only currently goes up to 9.0, else it falls back onto "fwd_default_eos" which is the date you're seeing (2nd Jan 1971) 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...