Monitoring Splunk

License usage for last 30 days by day per hour

splunk_kk
Path Finder

Hello everyone,

I'm creating a search to calculate the license usage in last 30 days by day per hour. What table I want is attached as a picture

alt text

The search I tried is the one mentioned below. but I'm definitely missing the points here.

earliest-@d-30d latest=@d-1s index=_internal source=license_usage.log type=Usage | timechart span=1h sum(b) as bytes by date_mday | eval MB=round(byte/1024/1024,2) | fields _time date_mday MB

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@splunk_kk, try the following based on Splunk's Licence Monitoring Query

index=_internal 
    [ `set_local_host`] source=*license_usage.log* type="RolloverSummary" earliest=-30d@d 
| bin _time span=1h 
| stats latest(b) AS b by slave, pool, _time 
| eval Date="Date:".strftime(_time,"%Y/%m/%d") 
| eval Time=strftime(_time,"%H").":00" 
| chart sum(b) AS "volume" by Time Date fixedrange=false limit=31 useother=f
| fields - _timediff 
| foreach "Date:*" 
    [ eval <<FIELD>>=round('<<FIELD>>'/1024/1024/1024, 3)] 
| rename "Date:*" as "*"

PS: The macro set_local_host is defined in Search App hence in order to use this outside of Search App you would need to use the underlying query instead or make the macro global.... ie. use the following instead of [set_local_host]

[rest splunk_server=local /services/server/info | return host]

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...