Getting Data In

ingest_eval works on AIO instance but different results when applied at the HF tier

Skins
Path Finder

I have syslog events being written to a HF locally via syslog-ng - these events are then consumed via file reader and the IP address in the log name is extracted as host.

I now want to run an ingest_eval on the ip address and use a lookup to change the host

If i run the cmd from search i get the required result:

index=... | eval host=json_extract(lookup("lookup.csv",json_object("host",host),json_array("host_value")),"host_value")

this replaces host with "host_value"

I have this working on an AIO instance with the following config below:

Now adding to HF tier : /opt/splunk/etc/apps/myapp/lookups/lookup.csv
lookup has global access and export = system
host,host_value
1.2.3.4, myhostname

props.conf:
[mysourcetype]
TRANSFORMS-host_override = host_override

transforms.conf:
[host_override]
INGEST_EVAL =host=json_extract(lookup("lookup.csv",json_object("host",host),json_array("host_value")),"host_value")

When applied on the HF (restarted)  i see some of the hostnames are changed to "localhost" the others remain unchanged (but this is due to the config not working OR the data coming from another HF with the test config not applied

Any ideas - thx

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...