Getting Data In

How to correct fields extracted twice ?

emallinger
Communicator

Hello,

I made a mistake during on migration on data source. I moved from csv format to json.

Suppose the migration date is day A.

On that day, I have in my props.conf (the one on the indexer cluster)

[toto]

INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = json

When I looked at the result on the Search Cluster, the field where displayed twice.

I missed the props.conf on the SHC saying :

[toto]

KV_MODE = json.

So on day B : I rolled back => and deleted the "INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS" from the props.conf file on the IDX cluster.

Since day B : results are perfectly fine.

BUT :

When I look at events between A and B period => the fields are displayed twice.

I need to keep the KV_MODE on, because otherwise, I cannot extract any data when searching (no extraction made at index time before day A and after day B).

As a results, all calculus using part of period between A and B are false. I even get percentage > 100%.

Question is :

- do you have any idea how to fix this so the results of the splunk command will be ok (I can't believe I'm the only one to face this wall).

- is there any way to delete the extracted fields withour deleting (masking) the data ?

Thanks everyone,

Regards,

Ema

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

codebuilder
Influencer

You cannot change the sourcetype once the data has been indexed. You'll need to delete it and re-ingest.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

You cannot change the sourcetype once the data has been indexed. You'll need to delete it and re-ingest.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

emallinger
Communicator

Hello,

Thanks, I'm currently doing this one.

But, I'd hoped for another solution as I keep storing "faulty" data even though it's useless.

(Plus, this is not easy doing that on prod env).

Regards,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...