Getting Data In

How do I use delimiter attribute in transforms.conf to extract values for each individual field whose values are enclosed in double quotes ("")?

mohammed7860
Explorer

Hi:

I have following sample events:

start_time="XXX" end_time="XXX" dest_dns="" dest_mac="" dest_ip="56.00.00.185" cpe="" dest_port_proto="6" dest_port="399" severity="2" signature_id="10001" signature_family="12" signature="The remote host supports the use of SSL ciphers that offer medium strength encryption, which we currently regard as those with key lengths at least 56 bits and less than 112 bits.\n\nNote: This is considerably easier to exploit if the attacker is on the same physical network." exploitAvailable="false" exploitEase="" synopsis="The remote service supports the use of medium strength SSL ciphers." solution="Reconfigure the affected application if possible to avoid use of medium strength ciphers." cve="" netbiosName="XXX" hasBeenMitigated="0" firstSeen="1481797392" lastSeen="1481797392" name="SSL Medium Strength Cipher Suites Supported" cvssVector="XXX" baseScore="4.3" temporalScore=""

How do I use delimiter attribute in transforms.conf to extract values for each individual field whose values are enclosed in ""?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mohammed

0 Karma

bambarit
Explorer

try this

Spoiler
((?:[^\s\|]|(?<=\\)\|)+)=\"((?:\\\=|[^=])*)"
0 Karma

securityForMe
Engager

Hi
You can configure your file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps//local/props.conf like this:

[REPORT-Something]
DELIMS = " " (with a space inside)
FIELDS = "filedname1","filedname2","filedname3"

Make sure you restart splunk after change the file, then you can get the keys by split with "=".

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

These are in standard Key value pair format and Splunk should automatically extract these fields. Have you tried ingesting it to Splunk and checked the default field extractions?

0 Karma

mohammed7860
Explorer

The default field extractions don't work. I still see the values within double quotes

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Please share the props.conf stanza your are using

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...