Getting Data In

How can I onboard SNOW RITM variables data to splunk

epari1437
Engager

Requirement is to onboard SNOW RITM variables data to Splunk. Using table name SC_REQ_ITEM and SC_TASK, I can able to fetch data except variables.

Can anyone suggest how can I fetch data for variables which are linked to the catalog item/task.

My event would be :

You are requesting for: value

your name: value

select system: laptop

epari1437_0-1623931002717.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ismedley
Engager

Splunk's add-on for ServiceNow would do this for you - you'd need to manually edit its inputs.conf to create an ingestion for the sc_req_item table as that one isn't included out the box.

Failing that, the add-on creates a query of the format 

https://<????>.service-now.com/api/now/table/sc_req_item?sysparm_display_value=all&sysparm_offset=0&...timestamp>^sys_updated_on%3C<later_timestamp>^ORDERBYsys_updated_on,sys_id

which will resolve the lookup fields for the record.  The sysparm_fields parameter can be used to restrict the fields returned

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...