Getting Data In

Django bindings, header: appbar has no effect? (Splunk Enterprise 6.1)

arkadyz1
Builder

I'm starting to experiment Splunk Web Framework. Following some tutorials, trying to tweak things here and there. One of the strange things I noticed: a documented appbar (can be true of false) property of HeaderView has no effect on the appearance - appbar is always present.

Here is the beginning of my .html file:

{% extends "splunkdj:base_with_basic_styles.html" %}
{% load splunkmvc %}

{% block content %}
    <div id="my-header">
        {% header id="inner-header" appbar="False" %}
    </div>
    <div id="barchart"></div>
    <div id="message-area"></div>
{% endblock content%}

I tried specifying "true" and "false" as appbar values with various capitalizations - the appbar is simply always there. I know I can change that by inheriting from different base_*.html(the first line - with "extends") but then I will always have footer which I might not want, and overall I want a better degree of freedom. Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

arkadyz1
Builder

Found an answer - specify 0 or 1 as a value there. Not enough information on that in the docs, but the default described as "true" misleads one into believing that it's boolean.

So this

{% header id="inner-header" appbar=0 %}

produced the expected result :).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

arkadyz1
Builder

Found an answer - specify 0 or 1 as a value there. Not enough information on that in the docs, but the default described as "true" misleads one into believing that it's boolean.

So this

{% header id="inner-header" appbar=0 %}

produced the expected result :).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...