Deployment Architecture

Different number of buckets

Dias
Explorer

Hi, I have an issue in indexer cluster. It's been a month since i noticed there are different number of buckets in two indexers.  Search factor, Replication factor fine. What is the reason for this difference? tempsnip.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The easiest way is use the next command on cli.

splunk btool indexes list --debug|egrep '(\[|repFa)'|egrep -A1 '\[_'

It also shows where those values comes (usually .../system/default/indexes.conf unless you have changed those). If you need to change these, then the best option is create separate app for those changes.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Have you check that those are not excess buckets?
r. Ismo
0 Karma

Dias
Explorer

I checked the bucket status and there are no excess buckets.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are all your indexes replicated over cluster, including internal indexes (repFactor = auto) ?

0 Karma

Dias
Explorer

I checked the indexes and it is "repFactor=auto"everywhere. Do you know where to check for internal indexes repFactor?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The easiest way is use the next command on cli.

splunk btool indexes list --debug|egrep '(\[|repFa)'|egrep -A1 '\[_'

It also shows where those values comes (usually .../system/default/indexes.conf unless you have changed those). If you need to change these, then the best option is create separate app for those changes.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

Dias
Explorer

Thanks for the answer, I've checked the internal indexes. And there were those in which repFactor=0. I changed it to repFactor=auto.  Your CLI command helped a lot, thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...