Dashboards & Visualizations

results not updated when value change with input type dropdown and using basesearch

matthieu_araman
Communicator

Hello,

I'm using the following form with Splunk 6.2

one basesearch name "basequery".
This search returns less than 10000 answers and is fast.
I use an dropdown input type populated by field from basequery.
I've activated autorun, searchwhenchanged, ...
Then I've a list of panel populated by searches which are based on the resultats from basequery + filter from dropdown + specific by dashboard
So I created another basesearch name "basequery2" filtering results with $field$ value
then the other searches are based on basequery2

The problem I face is that when I select a new value, I see the values visually refresh but the filter is not applied.
If I click on search, which open the complete request in another window, the search is correct and filtered.

If I inline the basequery2 into each search it works and refresh correctly but I don't find it very efficient and less readable even if the results come pretty fast.
If there's a way to force the value updated in the basesearch basequery2 and have the results updated correctly or is this a bug/limitation of the current release ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

auradk
Path Finder

Thanks for follow up. I did the same.

0 Karma

auradk
Path Finder

Did you ever solve this, i face the same problem.

0 Karma

matthieu_araman
Communicator

No, I workarounded it by inlining.
I think it was with 6.2.0 and didn't retest with last versions (like the current 6.2.3)

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Can i see your dashboard code? please?

SGF
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...