Dashboards & Visualizations

how to link two dashboards in splunk 6.2

sunnyparmar
Communicator

Hi,

I have two different dashboards one for disk space usage and other for memory and CPU utilization for two different hosts. I want to link them so that if i select one host in drill down so automatically its shows me the other KPI values also so is there any way to do this. Please give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sunnyparmar
Communicator

no.. don't get any result for the query.. so what to do in this case? Please suggest.. thanks

0 Karma

sunnyparmar
Communicator

I have tried this query (index=sc-perfmon earliest=-15m|stats count by Perfmon:CPUTime
) on my production server as well but there also i didn't get any data.. actually previously i was running query on Splunk test server .. but on production also it is not giving any data with this query

0 Karma

fdi01
Motivator

use two pannels on a dashboard even for simply doing.
install Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples apps it is help you very fine to do it
as several example thereof is inside, following this link https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/ to download

0 Karma

sunnyparmar
Communicator

Hi,

I have made something like this within my xml code in which my first query refers to target per_host_kpi's dashboard and another query refers the target to another host overview dashboard but the issue is it is giving output for first dashboard. When I clicked on the main screen overview it takes me to the per host kpi's dashboard but when i clicked on second its not taking me to the another dashboard so any idea for this?

Dynamic Drilldown

<panel>
  <table>
    <search>
      <query>index=sc-perfmon (collection=cputime counter="% User Time") OR (collection=Memory counter="% Committed Bytes In Use") | stats sparkline(avg(Value)) as "Load trend", latest(_time) as latest_event, latest(eval(round(Value, 2))) as "Latest value" by host,collection |eval "Seconds since latest event"=floor((now() -latest_event)) | eval "Host metric"=case(collection == "CPUTime", "CPU time user %", collection == "Memory", "Memory in use %") | table host, "Host metric", "Latest value", "Load trend", "Seconds since latest event"</query>
      <earliest>-7d@h</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <drilldown>
      <link target="_blank">http://10.0.xx.xx:xx/en-US/app/sc_monitoring/per_host_kpis?form.src_type_tok=$row.sourcetype$</link>
    </drilldown>
    <option name="drilldown">row</option>
    <option name="wrap">true</option>
    <option name="rowNumbers">false</option>
    <option name="dataOverlayMode">none</option>
    <option name="count">10</option>
    <search>
      <query>index=sc-perfmon collection=FreeDiskSpace counter="% Free Space" NOT(instance=_Total) |chart max(eval(ceiling(100-Value))) as disk_in_use over host by instance</query>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <drilldown>
      <link target="_blank">http://10.0.xx.xx:xx/en-US/app/sc_monitoring/host_overview?form.src_type_tok=$row.sourcetype$</link>
    </drilldown>
  </table>
</panel>

thanks

0 Karma

forkingforwardt
Engager

use two pannels on a dashboard even for simply doing.
install Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples apps it is help you very fine to do it
as several example thereof is inside, following this link https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/ to download

0 Karma

sunnyparmar
Communicator

Hi,

I have made something like this within my xml code in which my first query refers to target per_host_kpi's dashboard and another query refers the target to another host overview dashboard but the issue is it is giving output for first dashboard. When I clicked on the main screen overview it takes me to the per host kpi's dashboard but when i clicked on second its not taking me to the another dashboard so any idea for this?

Dynamic Drilldown

<panel>
  <table>
    <search>
      <query>index=sc-perfmon (collection=cputime counter="% User Time") OR (collection=Memory counter="% Committed Bytes In Use") | stats sparkline(avg(Value)) as "Load trend", latest(_time) as latest_event, latest(eval(round(Value, 2))) as "Latest value" by host,collection |eval "Seconds since latest event"=floor((now() -latest_event)) | eval "Host metric"=case(collection == "CPUTime", "CPU time user %", collection == "Memory", "Memory in use %") | table host, "Host metric", "Latest value", "Load trend", "Seconds since latest event"</query>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <drilldown>
      <link target="_blank">http://10.0.xx.xx:xx/en-US/app/sc_monitoring/per_host_kpis?form.src_type_tok=$row.sourcetype$</link>
    </drilldown>
    <search>
      <query>index=sc-perfmon collection=FreeDiskSpace counter="% Free Space" NOT(instance=_Total) |chart max(eval(ceiling(100-Value))) as disk_in_use over host by instance</query>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <drilldown>
      <link target="_blank">http://10.0.xx.xx:xx/en-US/app/sc_monitoring/host_overview?form.src_type_tok=$row.sourcetype$</link>
    </drilldown>
  </table>
</panel>

thanks

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Just a small suggestion : Have you tried using different panels on the same dashboard? It should give you an overall idea about all the metrics at a glance.

For two different dashboard, you can use drill down to pass the host value to the second dashboard and use it on that dashboard

For eg:

<table>
  <title>Details</title>
  <search> < search terms></search>
  <option name="<something"><something></option> 
  <drilldown>
    <link>/app/<appname>/<page name>?form.index=$row.index$&amp;form.host=$row.host$&amp</link>
  </drilldown>
</table>
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...