Dashboards & Visualizations

Token Not Working when Adding JSON Values

g038123
Explorer

Hello,

Hoping for some help, I have a simple Dashboard that allows a user to select  specific geography to return results for that geo. The search is based off of a SQL query and uses tokens to determine the correct geography.

The report has been working perfectly for a long time, recently we had an upgrade to our application that added JSON columns to our DB and moved some of the fields I was returning into the JSON clob data field.

I updated the query to extract the necessary JSON fields, which works, however, now after adding the JSON details to the query, the token is no longer working. I keep getting "Search is Waiting for Input".

I have tried to move the connection argument, before and after the SQL query, see below, neither seemed to

work.

| dbxquery query="blah blah" connection=geography

| dbxquery connection=geography query="blah blah"

Hoping someone can point out what I need to add or update, so that the token is recognized/working again.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

Would it be possible to share some sample data and part of your dashboard xml ?

It could be due to various issues including presence of a $ sign in your data which needs to be escaped while using in token.

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

Would it be possible to share some sample data and part of your dashboard xml ?

It could be due to various issues including presence of a $ sign in your data which needs to be escaped while using in token.

---

g038123
Explorer

Hi Sorry for the delay in responding. You have helped me immensely.

That indeed was the issues. Thank you so much for the help!

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@g038123, glad it worked.

Appreciate if you could upvote ( 👍 ) and accept it as a solution to close the thread.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...