Dashboards & Visualizations

Multiselect input filter using case statement

gemrose
Explorer

Hello Team,

I am trying for a solution using multiselect input filter where the index token is passed to panels.

From the below code, I currently see the filter values "Stack1", "Stack2" and "Stack3". But I face an issue that the value passed is from label. I need the index_tkn to hold value aws_stack02_p, aws_stack01_p, aws_stack01`_n.

<input type="multiselect" token="index_tkn" searchWhenChanged="false">
<label>Select Stack</label>
<valuePrefix>index="</valuePrefix>
<valueSuffix>"</valueSuffix>
<delimiter> OR </delimiter>
<fieldForLabel>index</fieldForLabel>
<fieldForValue>label</fieldForValue>
<search>
<query>index IN ({aws_stack02_p,aws_stack01_p,aws_stack01_n})
| eval label = case(index == "aws_stack02_p", "Stack1",index == "aws_stack01_p", "Stack2",index == "aws_stack01_n", "Stack3")
|stats count by label</query>
<earliest>$time_tkn.earliest$</earliest>
<latest>$time_tkn.latest$</latest>
</search>
</input>

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since you appear to have a one-to-one relationship between label and index, just include both in the by clause

<query>index IN ({aws_stack02_p,aws_stack01_p,aws_stack01_n})
| eval label = case(index == "aws_stack02_p", "Stack1",index == "aws_stack01_p", "Stack2",index == "aws_stack01_n", "Stack3")
|stats count by label,index</query>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...