Dashboards & Visualizations

Is it possible to display an external web page in Splunk like a html iframe?

tomapatan
Communicator

Hi Everyone,

I was reading through this article that led me to believe it`s possible to display external web content in Splunk, however it doesn`t appear to be working for me.

Interestingly, it works fine outside of Splunk (ie: if I save the source as an HTML file locally on my computer), but it doesn`t display the iframe if I put it in a Splunk dashboard.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Source code below.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<dashboard version="1.1">
  <label>My iFrame Dashboard</label>
  <row>
    <html>
    <h2>Embedded Web Page!</h2>
       <iframe src="https://myValidDomainName" width="100%" height="300">&gt;</iframe>
    </html>
  </row>
  </dashboard>

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Tom_Lundie
Contributor

You need to explicitly enable iframes and other embedded content in Splunk's web.conf settings.

[settings]
dashboard_html_allow_embeddable_content = true

Read more here. It's worth pointing out that enabling embedded content could impose a security risk so please consider this before you make any changes.

View solution in original post

Tom_Lundie
Contributor

You need to explicitly enable iframes and other embedded content in Splunk's web.conf settings.

[settings]
dashboard_html_allow_embeddable_content = true

Read more here. It's worth pointing out that enabling embedded content could impose a security risk so please consider this before you make any changes.

Skins
Path Finder

Hi Just curious - what are the security implications to think about enabling this.

If used in conjunction with the trusted domain list in web-features.conf - we should be secure?

Or is there something else?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...