Dashboards & Visualizations

How to pass and consume a token from a URL?

rbardonetorian
Path Finder

Hello All,

I am having some trouble getting my head wrapped around the use of the required library to pull the passed token value from the URL string. I have seen this page: link text and I still dont get it.

I would like to call a page of my app with a token specified. ie: mylongserverurlstring?token=passedvalue

Then, what I am having an issue with is understanding the proper use of the splunkJS library to enable token extraction functionality.

I need something that clearly spells out how to use : splunkjs.mvc.Components.get('default').set('mytoken', value) library.

Currently my JS looks like:

<iframe src=$token|s$ id="myframe"></iframe>

<script type="text/javascript">
   require([
    "splunkjs/mvc",
    "splunkjs/mvc/utils",
    "splunkjs/mvc/tokenutils",
    "underscore",
    "jquery"
    ],
    function(
         mvc,
         utils,
         TokenUtils,
         _,
         $
         ){

var pageloading = true;

splunkjs.mvc.Components.getInstance("default").set(token);

var iframe=document.getElementById('myframe');
     window.open(url, "myframe");
</script>

My goal is to pull the token from the initial URL string and plug it into the iframe src.

Thank you for the help!!

0 Karma
1 Solution

rbardonetorian
Path Finder

solving with URLloader from sideview....

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rbardonetorian
Path Finder

solving with URLloader from sideview....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...