Dashboards & Visualizations

How to join where a macro is used in the search?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

On Splunk, I have a macro called `ABC` . I use this macro in the first search like this:
`ABC`
| stats values(src_ip) values(src_zone) values(dest_ip) values(dest_port) values(app) values(transport) values(session_end_reason) by host rule action
| rename values(*) as *
| rex field=host "(?<host_new>[^\.]+?)(?:\.[01]|\.02)?\."
I also have a second Splunk search as follows:
| rex field=Device_FQDN "(?<Device_FQDN>[^\.]+?)(?:\.[01]|\.02)?\."
I need to JOIN BOTH searches using the field "host_new" from the first search and the field "Device_FQDN" from the second search as the common fields to perform the JOIN on.
What would the Splunk query be in this case, using both searches I have supplied and where the first search uses a macro?

Many thanks,
P

Labels (4)
0 Karma

TrangCIC81
Communicator

can you try something like this?

(index=<your_index> <your_first_search> | `ABC`
| stats values(src_ip) values(src_zone) values(dest_ip) values(dest_port) values(app) values(transport) values(session_end_reason) by host rule action
| rename values(*) as *
| rex field=host "(?<host_new>[^\.]+?)(?:\.[01]|\.02)?\.") 
| join host_new [| <your_second_search> | rex field=Device_FQDN "(?<Device_FQDN>[^\.]+?)(?:\.[01]|\.02)?\." | fields Device_FQDN host_new]

Using the join command to join the first search with the second search.  

0 Karma

POR160893
Builder

I have already provided you with the first and second searches, though. The first search is:
`palo_logs(traffic)`
| rename values(*) as *
| rex field=host "(?<host_new>[^\.]+?)(?:\.[01]|\.02)?\."

and the second search is:
| rex field=Device_FQDN "(?<Device_FQDN>[^\.]+?)(?:\.[01]|\.02)?\."

So, what would the join look like?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...