Dashboards & Visualizations

How to get the 3 columns result with 3 different time stamps

vvemula
Path Finder

Hi Splunk Guys,

Please help me with the query. My requirement is, I need search server count in here based on the version for 3 different time stamps. REsult as shown in the below

Version Type30 days60 Days90 Days

Index=_internal sourcetype=servers_list earlist=-30d
| stats count(Parameter) as ServersCount_Last30Days by Value 

The above query gives me last 30 days result. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@vvemula based on your question seems like you are interested in delta for each time duration i.e 0-30 days 30-60 days and 60-90 days.

Following is a run anywhere search based on Splunk's _internal index which splunkd errors for last 7 days as 0-1 day, 1-3 days and 3-7 days broken down by various components.

[Optional only for demo use case]... it retains only top 5 components as per total errors.

index="_internal" sourcetype="splunkd" log_level!="INFO" earliest="-7d" latest=now
| stats count as Total count(eval(_time>relative_time(now(),"-1d@d") AND _time<=now())) as "0-1 day"
                       count(eval(_time>relative_time(now(),"-3d@d") AND _time<=relative_time(now(),"-1d@d-1s"))) as "1-3 days"
                       count(eval(_time>relative_time(now(),"-7d@d") AND _time<=relative_time(now(),"-3d@d-1s"))) as "3-7 days" by component
| sort - Total
| head 5
| fields component * Total

You can adjust as per your needs, data and field names. Please try out and confirm!

vvemula
Path Finder

@niketn   HI, Thank you so much for your reply.

So As per your example. I have tried my requirement. 

| stats count(servers) as Total count(eval(_time>relative_time(now(),"-30d@d") AND _time<=now())) as "30day"
count(eval(_time>relative_time(now(),"-60d@d") AND _time<=relative_time(now(),"-30d@d-1s"))) as "60days"
count(eval(_time>relative_time(now(),"-90d@d") AND _time<=relative_time(now(),"-60d@d-1s"))) as "90days" by parameter

--> "Parameter" has 10 different values, based on the stats,... I am getting only 5 few.
--> 60days and 90days not working coming as "0" s

Am I doing something wrong in here. ?

0 Karma

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @vvemula 

Based on your use case the following should do what you  want ...

index=_internal sourcetype=servers_list earliest=-90d@d
| stats
    count(eval(if(_time <= relative_time(now(), "-30d@d"), Parameter, null() ) )) as "30 Days"
    count(eval(if(_time <= relative_time(now(), "-60d@d"), Parameter, null() ) )) as "60 Days"
    count(eval(if(_time <= relative_time(now(), "-90d@d"), Parameter, null() ) )) as "90 Days"
  BY Value

If you want distinct 30 days period counts then adjust the eval statement, e.g.

stats ...
   count(eval(if(_time > relative_time(now(), "-30d@d") AND _time <= relative_time(now(), "-60d@d"), Parameter, null() ) )) AS "30-60 Days"

Hope this helps.  If it does then please mark post as solved.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...