Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add search bar to my created dashboard?

ASR1022
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I have a dashboard created with network data already in that dashboard.  I am trying to create a search dropdown or search bar so I can search for a specific IP and it will show all the data for that IP in my dashboard.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're using simpleXML dashboards, then simply add a text form input and assign it a token and use that token in your search

<search>
  <query>your search... ip=$ip_text$</query>
</search>
0 Karma

ASR1022
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks, bowesmana,

I am new to Splunk I am trying to figure out the query for my search I am using a pivot search and when I put 

ip=$ip_text$

It tells me Error in 'PivotProcessor': Error in 'PivotCell': The dataset 'RootObject' has no field 'IP='.  I am wondering if I am doing the search wrong.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you using the pivot report and trying to add a filter or creating and classic (XML) or dashboard studio dashboard? 

0 Karma

ASR1022
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Yes I am using the pivot report and trying to add a filter.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...