Splunk Dev

How to capture the log of a filepath?

yesh_9
Engager

I need help on development .  I have a requirement to capture the logs of a file path "care\outbound\prod" and "care\outbound\Test", Both the file names are same one will go to Test folder and other will go to Prod folder. As per the initial requirement I want capture the test data that is coming to "care\outbound\Test" path. Need help on coding part.

code:

index=***  doc_name= *****  "*care*"

I have choose "care" as a key point, What ever the files cross through "care" folder it captures. But I need to capture the files which are coming to  "care\outbound\Test" .

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's not clear what you're refering to.

Typically with file monitor inputs, the log file path is stored in the source field. So if you want to only match events coming from this path, you should match against that field.

But if you're trying to find that path part in the event data you can of course try to match on some both-sided-wildcard pattern like "*care*" but it's gonna be highly ineffective since splunk has to do a full-text raw match against all events.

So please be a bit more specific what you're trying to do, what is your event format and so on.

0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @yesh_9 

you can try this 

index=***  source="*care\outbound\Test*" doc_name= *****  

if you wanted to get data for PROD replaced test with PROD

0 Karma

yesh_9
Engager

@SanjayReddy - Thanks for your response. But we already have a predefined source for this Files and this are coming from Staging source. 

0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @yesh_9 

I assume Staging sourcetype not the source 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...