All Apps and Add-ons

Why won't Splunk stats search not display data?

SS1
Path Finder

Hi,

I have below search, i have clubbed 3 searches into 1. Each individual search is working fine but when i clubbed its not able to pull data from previous year and the table shows empty values fore few months

index=dev  AND "alpha" | dedup _time|  eval Month=strftime(_time,"%m %b %Y")|stats count by Month| rename count as alpha | appendcols [search index=DEV AND "[beta]" | dedup _time|eval Month=strftime(_time,"%m %b %Y")|stats count by Month| rename count as beta] | appendcols [search index=dev AND "gamma"  | dedup _time| eval Month=strftime(_time,"%m %b %Y")|stats count by Month| rename count as gamma]

Labels (3)
0 Karma

SS1
Path Finder

Hi @ITWhisperer 

Thanks for the response, my events will have "alpha" or "gamma" or gamma [beta], how would the search be like?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Case function operates left to right, so check gamma [beta] before gamma

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

appendcols is rarely the right answer

If your events only have either "alpha" or "[beta]" or "gamma" and never more than one of them, you could try something like this

index=dev
| eval type=case(match(_raw,"alpha"),"alpha",match(_raw,"\[beta\]"),"beta",match(_raw,"gamma"),"gamma")
| dedup _time type
| eval Month=strftime(_time,"%m %b %Y")
| chart count by Month type
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...