All Apps and Add-ons

Why do I keep getting errors when trying to import Pandas with Splunk's python?

ohms

I am trying to import Pandas in a Splunk app that I am developing. The app also contains fpdf to create a pdf and insert the images that are produced using Pandas.  2 of the 3 solutions that I tried produce an error as soon as I put 'import pandas'.

1. Solution 1: importing the Pandas module from a copy of the module that is located in the App's bin directory.

The error log says:

File "../splunk/etc/apps/<Appname>/bin/pandas/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>
f"C extension: {module} not built. If you want to import "
ImportError: C extension: No module named 'pandas._libs.tslibs.conversion' not built. If you want to import pandas from the source directory, you may need to run 'python setup.py build_ext --inplace --force' to build the C extensions first.

2. Solution 2: Just import the splunk lib from Splunk's Python (simply by putting 'import pandas' at the top of the code).

The error log says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/splunk/etc/apps/<Appname>/bin/program.py", line 22, in <module>
import pandas
File "/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
from pandas.compat import (
File "/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/compat/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
from pandas._typing import F
File "/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/_typing.py", line 12, in <module>
from mmap import mmap
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mmap'

For the third and final attempt to make it work, I tried using a solution that I found in Splunk's forum, which is by using the app "Python for Scientific Computing". The steps that I have applied were:

1. Coping exec_anaconda.py to my app's bin.

2. Putting the following code at the very top of my script:

#!/usr/bin/python
import exec_anaconda
exec_anaconda.exec_anaconda()
# Put the rest of your imports below, e.g.:
import numpy as np

import pandas

What happens with this solution is that I get no more error on the 'import pandas', but I get errors from most of the other modules that I am working with (fpdf, pip and so on).

Does anybody know how to import pandas without getting these kind of errors?

Thank you very much.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

damode1
Path Finder

Were you able to fix this error about no module found 'mmap'

If yes, please share solution. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...