All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Unix configuration *.sh not running

jonathanfeng
Explorer

I'm setting up monitoring for my servers and in the 'Hosts" tab for Splunk App for *nix it asks "unknown - is cpu.sh enabled?" among other .sh's.

looking at the query it tries to run, it shows:

search index=<myindex> sourcetype=cpu host=<myindex>  CPU="all" | append [stats count | eval _raw="no results" ] | eval used = 100 - pctIdle | eval name = "CPU:" | stats first(name) as name avg(used) as used sparkline(avg(used), 2m) as sl | eval used = round(used, 0) . "%" | fillnull used value="unknown - is cpu.sh enabled?" | fields sl

When running index= sourcetype=cpu host=, this is the format:

CPU    pctUser    pctNice  pctSystem  pctIowait    pctIdle
all       0.50       0.00       1.00       0.00      98.51
0         1.00       0.00       0.00       0.00      99.00
1         0.98       0.00       0.98       0.98      97.06

I can see that the stock query is not formatted in a way that likes the output of the forwarding server. Namely the CPU="all" part.
How do i set up the index/sourcetype/etc. so it can be categorized correctly? Or if i can adjust the query to regex through accordingly.

0 Karma

louismai
Path Finder

The answer is shown in this post:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/Splunk-App-for-Unix-and-Linux-configuration/td-...

You need to installed Splunk_TA_nix on all indexers/forwarders and searchhead.

The search head needs Splunk_TA_nix to display data.

Tks

Louis.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...