All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux: How to extract a field with rex to alert when CPU usage is greater than 70%?

sekharsidh
Engager

I have configured TA nix for our Linux systems and I need to generate an alert when CPU % goes past, lets say, 70%. I think I need to write the rex for this. This is what I am writing:

index=os source=df host = * Filesystem="/dev/mapper/osvg-appbin" OR Filesystem="/dev/mapper/vgapp-appvar" OR "/mqshare" OR "/appdata" | rex "(?\d\d%)" | where UsePct>"30%" | stats count by host,source,UsePct

But it gives me values which are 6% as well. I have very limited knowledge on rex. I need some search which will look for values from 0 % to 100% and alert me if it goes past 70%. Any suggestions will be really helpful and appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sekharsidh
Engager

I think I got the answer by doing some R&D. Here is the query which seem to work for me:

index=os source=df host = * Filesystem="/dev/mapper/osvg-appbin" OR Filesystem="/dev/mapper/vgapp-appvar" OR "/mqshare" OR "/appdata" | rex "(?\d+)%" | where UsePct>30 | stats count by host,source,UsePct

Result:

host        source  UsePct  count
XXXXXXXX    df      46      12

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sekharsidh
Engager

I think I got the answer by doing some R&D. Here is the query which seem to work for me:

index=os source=df host = * Filesystem="/dev/mapper/osvg-appbin" OR Filesystem="/dev/mapper/vgapp-appvar" OR "/mqshare" OR "/appdata" | rex "(?\d+)%" | where UsePct>30 | stats count by host,source,UsePct

Result:

host        source  UsePct  count
XXXXXXXX    df      46      12
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...