All Apps and Add-ons

Splice timezone support

apptester12345

Hello,

Splice 1.1 doesn't seem to support timezone in TAXII Poll Requests:

2014-11-07T10:34:35+00:00

It always sends +00:00 as timezone, regardless of the system timezone.

Are there any plans to add timezone support soon?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

cleroux_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is fixed in SPLICE v1.2.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cleroux_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is fixed in SPLICE v1.2.

0 Karma

cleroux_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you please send me an email ? I would like to submit you a patch for testing.
Thanks.

0 Karma

cleroux_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for your feedback.
Can you be more specific on the use case or need?
What's missing/blocker if you don't have this feature?

0 Karma

apptester12345

Thanks for the answer.

We are developing TAXII Poll Service. Both the service and SPLUNK with SPLICE are running in the +01:00 timezone.

When SPLICE sends a Taxii Poll request, it always sends Exclusive_Begin_Timestamp with timezone being +00:00.

Our service then handles the Poll request and represents the Exclusive_Begin_Timestamp as being one hour in the future.

So all the requests return incorrect data because of this time shift.

A first version of our TAXII server is about to be launched soon, but no clients using SPLICE can use it unless this timezone problem is fixed so it's a showstopper for us at the moment.

Providing the correct timezone in the request would solve our problem. (There are TODO's to add TZ support in the SPLICE souce code.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...