All Apps and Add-ons

Palo Alto App - Traffic Dashboard

rgaleone1
Path Finder

I have a question about a query within the Palo Alto App. As shipped the app displays total traffic grouped by egress and ingress interfaces. I just want to see the total egress traffic and the total ingress traffic.

How would I modify the query below (from Palo Alto App) in order to show just total traffic out of the PAN?

"search">|tstats sum(bytes) As sb FROM pan_traffic where log_subtype=end $action$ $src_ip$ $dst_ip$ $dst_port$ $src_user$ $app$ groupby egress_interface | eval sumBytes = sb/(1024*1024) | stats values(sumBytes) AS MegaBytes engress_interface

0 Karma
1 Solution

btorresgil
Builder

Hi rgaleone1,

To get the total bytes processed by the firewall, you can use a search like the one you mentioned, but without the 'groupby' part since you don't want to group by the egress interfaces. For example, this search will give you the total bytes across all interfaces:

|tstats sum(bytes) As sumOfBytes FROM pan_traffic where log_subtype=end

If you want it in megabytes, you can use this search:

|tstats sum(bytes) As sumOfBytes FROM pan_traffic where log_subtype=end | eval MegaBytes = sumOfBytes/(1024*1024)

Version 3.4 of the Splunk for Palo Alto Networks app supports NetFlow records which is also useful for this kind of statistic.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

btorresgil
Builder

Hi rgaleone1,

To get the total bytes processed by the firewall, you can use a search like the one you mentioned, but without the 'groupby' part since you don't want to group by the egress interfaces. For example, this search will give you the total bytes across all interfaces:

|tstats sum(bytes) As sumOfBytes FROM pan_traffic where log_subtype=end

If you want it in megabytes, you can use this search:

|tstats sum(bytes) As sumOfBytes FROM pan_traffic where log_subtype=end | eval MegaBytes = sumOfBytes/(1024*1024)

Version 3.4 of the Splunk for Palo Alto Networks app supports NetFlow records which is also useful for this kind of statistic.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...