All Apps and Add-ons

How to import Google spreadsheet that is in a Team Drive?

gonzaloAgui
Explorer

Hi,
I need to import a spreadsheet that is in a Team Drives.
I followed the steps specified in https://lukemurphey.net/projects/splunk-google-docs/wiki/How_to_setup_app and set a data input.

When I do this search:
index=_internal (service_account_keys AND sourcetype=splunk_web_service) OR (sourcetype=google_spreadsheet_modular_input)

I get these results:
WARNING Unable to access the spreadsheet, make sure the service account has been granted access to this file; spreadsheet_title=Name of the spreadsheet, help_url=http://lukemurphey.net/projects/splunk-google-docs/wiki/How_to_setup_app

The user account has read permissions on the file.
Could someone import files from a Team Drives at some point?

Thanks in advance!

johanfeo20
Observer

Hello Gonzalo,

Were you able to solve this problem?

I have the same problem today. 

0 Karma

yahuja_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I dont think you can import a google spreadsheet in a team drive, but you can import the google spreadsheet in "My Drive" in Splunk. Hope it helps.

cbhattad
Path Finder

Hi @yahuja
I have set up google import/export app.
What is the process of importing a google drive file in Splunk as inputlookup?

0 Karma

augustallen
Engager

You can't setup import with team drive but if you have a spreadsheet you want to import from standard google drive you can set it up after installing the app by following these steps:

1.) Go to Apps -> Manage apps -> Find google drive and click "Set up". Follow the instructions to setup a google service account key. You'll get an email address from Splunk which you should then share with the google spreadsheet so Splunk has read access.
2.) Create a lookup file (to be overwritten by google sheets) "| makeresults | outputlookup mylookup.csv"
3.) Settings -> Data inputs -> Google spreadsheet -> New -> Input the title of the spreadsheet and sheet you're interested in ingesting. Select the lookup you created in step 2 as well as a Name/Interval.

Now if you search "| inputlookup mylookup.csv" you should see results. Hope this helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...