Training + Certification Discussions

Unspecified upload error. Refresh and try again

philips66

Unspecified upload error. Refresh and try again. Frustration!!!

I have tried all of the recommendations posted and so far nothing. I tried Chrome/ Explorer/ Firefox and so far i still get the message.

all i am trying to do is upload the training files from Class one. since i can't upload the files i am stuck from moving beyond module 4

Any other thoughts?

0 Karma

splunky14

I too have the same issue. I tried all of the suggestions, but cannot get the tutorial data to load. I always receive the same Upload failed with Error: Read Timeout

0 Karma

philips66

I am only uploading 1 file at a time ..

0 Karma

splunky14

I too have the same issue. I tried all of the suggestions, but cannot get the tutorial data to load. I always receive the same Upload failed with Error: Read Timeout.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Are you uploading a single file or complete folder through one time upload? Upload option is for a single file where you need to analyze the data sourcetype and ingestion for accuracy of timestamp and event identification.

If you want complete folder to be monitored, you should try folder monitor instead. Refer to documentation, the option to monitor comes along with Upload option: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/MonitorfilesanddirectorieswithSplunkWeb

philips66

I think that's the data.. its in Class 1 module 4 .. and i have uninstalled Splunk and re-installed Splunk.. I have even tried multiple browsers.. i have tried a few unzipping programs .. even renamed the files and its still not uploading 😞

so it seems that i am stuck in the mud for the free training 😞

0 Karma

oscar84x
Contributor

Are you referring to the Buttercup Games data? Have you tried re-downloading the tutorial data? Could be a corrupt file. Try a fresh download.

Download:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.0/SearchTutorial/Systemrequirements#Download_the_tu...

Instructions:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.0/SearchTutorial/GetthetutorialdataintoSplunk

0 Karma

philips66

this for the free training class 1 module 4..

i tried multiple zip options to unzip the files and they didn't work... so i do not think this it the issues.

0 Karma

oscar84x
Contributor

If you're talking about the Buttercup data, the instructions say not to uncompress the file and to upload the zip file.

The tutorialdata.zip file must remain compressed to upload the file successfully. Some browsers automatically uncompress ZIP files.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...