Training + Certification Discussions

Looking for a mentor

adriangee

I am looking to gain certification as a "Splunk Core Certified Advanced Power User".  My access to paid education is limited.  My trial license has expired and I am now using the free license.

I am learning through imitating example that I am finding in YouTube Videos.  Many YT videos are for an older version of Splunk and they no longer work or work the same way for the current version.  I'm looking for someone that I can turn to when I encounter such problems and have him/her help me resolve the problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

adriangee

Mel Hall is a Splunk employee and he likes to create videos on his own time.  I try to implement his videos.  One of his videos is on a previous version of Splunk.  It did not work for me.  Attending a Udemy course will not give me a solution to the problem.

Udemy will greatly increase my knowledge but it will not necessarily answer questions that may arise when trying to implement other people's videos.

0 Karma

youngsuh
Contributor

Do you have access to the Udemy via company you're working for?    If not, you buy the class I purchased to get my certification in Udemy.  I found it very helpful.  It was rank the highest.   In addition, you can request additional 30 days from education.  But that will be last one. 

Hope that was helpful.

0 Karma

adriangee

It is not easy to see the version of Splunk that was being used for a particular course.

0 Karma

youngsuh
Contributor

The version doesn't matter for the certification.  You need to able to answer the core concept questions.  Ex:  I study with 7.1 but certified with 9.1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...