Splunk Search

which chart can replace pie chart with good visualisation

umsundar2015
Path Finder

HI ,

CAn anyone tell me , which chart can replace pie chart .I need this bcoz for me pie chart to be replaced with other better visualising chart

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Take a look at this app. It might help you find a different visualization.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

Keep in mind though, it is important to start with the data set you have and then determine what visualizations fit that data set (amount of data points, information you are trying to convey). Too often someone wants to use a cool visualization but it isn't right for the story they are trying to tell.

niketn
Legend

@umsundar2015, "better visualization" is a vague requirement. You might have to describe your needs in terms of
1) Data to be presented as Chart
2) Drilldown Capability
3) Mouseover Capability
4) Any other D3/Chart which represents data in a "better" fashion. Mock screenshot/links.

Having said that stats in pie can be depicted as
1) Donut Custom Visualization
2) Single Value or Status Indicator using Trellis Layout (version 6.6 or higher)
3) Word Cloud Custom Visualization
4) Any Custom Visualization of your choice using Splunk Custom Visualization API

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

It depends on what you are looking for in the new visualization. Take a look at these apps if they fit your need https://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps/#/app_content/visualizations

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...