Splunk Search

use inputlookup with field index and count as sub search

bapun18
Communicator

I have an inputlookup which have 2 fields index and count, I need to create an alert so that alert will trigger when we have greater value of real index values mentioned over count field in lookup.

I have used following query but I want to get pass the index name as a sub search to inputlookup.

|inputlookup idx_myvdf.csv | table index | stats count by index | where count  > 0

I have tried below query as well, but still no result, want to pass index name mentioned under lookup and their actual count and then I want to put where count > actual_count

|tstats c by index where index[|inputlookup idx_myvdf.csv | rename index AS actual_index | fields actual_index] | table indexcount actual_index actual_count

Please suggest it's urgent
alt text

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@bapun18,

Try

| tstats count where (index=* OR index=_*) by index
| lookup idx_myvdf.csv index OUTPUT count as threshold
| appendcols [|inputlookup idx_myvdf.csv|where index="default"|fields count|rename count as default|filldown default
| eval threshold=coalesce(threshold,default)|where count > threshold
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...