Splunk Search

timechart return 0 if no results found

amitdaniel
Explorer

Hi .
I have a sourcetype = Queue and i'm sending the number of messages waiting in the queue .

index=monitoring sourcetype=Qeueue Account=azbcd ( QueueName="test123") | timechart max(MessageCount) as MessageCount span=30minute

But if the number of messages = 0 i'm not sending any data to Splunk ( Actually if i'll not find a solution i'll fix my code to send 0 but i want to avoid that )

Look at the picture you can see that when the messageCount=0 i have a "hole" in the graph .
Is there a way to add if condition or something else that will say if we don't have data put 0 ?

alt text

Thanks ,
Amit

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

p_gurav
Champion

TISKAR
Builder

Hello,
Can you try this please,

index=monitoring sourcetype=Qeueue Account=azbcd ( QueueName="test123") | timechart max(MessageCount) as MessageCount span=30minute | fillnull value=0

Also you can use make continous command:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/SearchReference/Makecontinuous

Regards

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

You can use Zero option for "Null Values" in Format tab. Refer doc:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/Viz/LineAreaCharts#Configuration_options

amitdaniel
Explorer

Thank you !

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

The command equivalent for this would be | fillull value=0 to be added after the timechart command.

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...