Splunk Search

timechart ratio by model

sarathipattam

Hi,

below is my query

index_ sourcetype=main
| stats count(eval(level="Error")) as ERRORS count(eval(level="Information")) as USAGE by Model osVersion firmware
|eval RATE=round(((EXCEEDED/REQUEST)*100),1)

and I want to time chart the ratio by this three coloums/dimensions Model, osVersion, firmware.

Can someone assist me please?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm assuming there is a typo in the field names in the eval for RATE field (should be ERRORS/USAGE), so using the correct names, try like this (whatever timespan you want to use for time chart, update the same in bin and timechart command, below uses timespan of 1h or 1 hour)

index_ sourcetype=main
| bin span=1h _time
| stats count(eval(level="Error")) as ERRORS count(eval(level="Information")) as USAGE by _time Model osVersion firmware
|eval RATE=round(((ERRORS/USAGE)*100),1)
| eval Model_osVersion_firmware=Model."/".osVersion."/".firmware
| timechart span=1h avg(RATE) by Model_osVersion_firmware

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sarathipattam

concatenate is not working for me

0 Karma

sarathipattam

i used strcat and it worked.. thank you!!

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm assuming there is a typo in the field names in the eval for RATE field (should be ERRORS/USAGE), so using the correct names, try like this (whatever timespan you want to use for time chart, update the same in bin and timechart command, below uses timespan of 1h or 1 hour)

index_ sourcetype=main
| bin span=1h _time
| stats count(eval(level="Error")) as ERRORS count(eval(level="Information")) as USAGE by _time Model osVersion firmware
|eval RATE=round(((ERRORS/USAGE)*100),1)
| eval Model_osVersion_firmware=Model."/".osVersion."/".firmware
| timechart span=1h avg(RATE) by Model_osVersion_firmware
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...