Splunk Search

timechart "method name duration over time"

indeed_2000
Motivator

Hi I have log file like this:

2021-06-15 13:39:47,762 INFO  [APP] Exiting method , duration[109] User: general ||  method: findTypeMaps started at [1623748187753]
2021-06-15 13:39:47,738 INFO  [APP] Exiting method , duration[101] User: general ||  method: findString started at [1623748187728]
2021-06-15 13:39:47,738 INFO  [APP] Exiting method , duration[121] User: general ||  method: collectName started at [1623748187728]

I want to create chart that show method name duration over time on chart that able me to select method name.

like this:

chart.png

Labels (6)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

| rex "duration\[(?<duration>\d+)\].*?method:\s(?<method>[^\s]+)"
| xyseries _time method duration

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

| rex "duration\[(?<duration>\d+)\].*?method:\s(?<method>[^\s]+)"
| xyseries _time method duration

indeed_2000
Motivator

Thank you for reply, it work for first part of my question.

but how can I show list of method on dashboard that when user select them just show that method on chart?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Depends on how you want to select the method and how you want that to affect what is on the chart. You could have a dropdown which is populated by a search query and sets a token that is used as a filter on the search for the chart, or you could have a table with similar information and use a drilldown from the table to set the token for the filter. If you want to do it the other way around i.e. click on the chart and drilldown to set a token to change what is displayed in a table.

indeed_2000
Motivator

I don't familiar with tokens, would you please tell me simple example?

another problem is, when I set time scope "real-time" (from 5min to NOW) it will be freeze for while, after that show chart. Is it possible reducing data points on chart. For e.g instead of show 1000 duration points on each minute for one method, just show one point that average of all those 1000 duration points.

is it possible to do this more efficient? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...