Splunk Search

time range selection not working on CLI

glsplunk

I'm trying:

splunk search Calling -earliest=06/30/2014:11:40:00 AND -latest=06/30/2014:12:00:00

and i'm not getting results in that time range. I've tried adding _time to earliest and
latest, as I saw in the docs, nothing works. I've tried blanks instead of equal signs.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

That's because CLI search doesn't use those options. They are called "earliest_time" and "latest_time", respectively.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.1/SearchReference/CLIsearchsyntax

0 Karma

glsplunk

yyyy-... doesn't work for me.
-earliest_time=06/30/2014 w/o hh:mm:ss isn't flagged as an
error, but the results include stuff from 06/27.
-earliest_time 2014/...
-earliest_time=2014-....
and such are called "invalid"

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Oh hm. When giving the time in the format you provided I'm getting an invalid format error. Try using YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS. For instance your earliest time would be "2014-06-30T11:40:00".

0 Karma

glsplunk

wrong.
like i said in the OP, i've tried adding _time to both
of those, and that doesn't work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...