Splunk Search

splunk query help

surekhasplunk
Communicator
index=ABC Check!=D 
| stats count by Device Check

I am using this query and getting Device and Related Checks reported by the device.

Now i have a scenario where i need to show only those devices where the Check!=D
And i have data like below

Device Check
india_1 A
india_1 D
india_2 B
india_3 B
india_3 C
india_4 A
india_4 D

output i want is only below 2 devices where D is not there in the check although we have other names in the Check.
Device count
india_2 1
india_3 2

please help me with the query

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @surekhasplunk,
you cannot filter events in the main search because, in this way, you cannot identify the Devices to exclude, try something like this:

index=ABC 
| stats values(Device) AS Device count by Check
| where Check!=D 
| mvexpand Device

You need of mvexpand command because you could have more than one value in Device field.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @surekhasplunk,
you cannot filter events in the main search because, in this way, you cannot identify the Devices to exclude, try something like this:

index=ABC 
| stats values(Device) AS Device count by Check
| where Check!=D 
| mvexpand Device

You need of mvexpand command because you could have more than one value in Device field.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...