Splunk Search

space in values not filtering data on dashboard

koreamit3483
Explorer

I have data coming in where I have a field called Result which holds data as below

1) "FAIL"

2) " FAIL "

3) "PASS"

4) " PASS "

now i have created a dashboard where the Result field is used in Drop down box. I have cleared the extra space from the field using

| rex mode=sed field=Result "s/ //g" |

I also have a table showing data of values of PASS and FAIL count where i have also cleared the space using rex command and created fields of Results using 

| stats count(eval(searchmatch("PASS"))) AS PASS count(eval(searchmatch("FAIL"))) AS FAIL |

Now when i filter "FAIL" or "PASS" in drop down and submit, The table on dashboard does not show count for values having space (i.e. " PASS " and " FAIL ") and shows count for only without space values.

how can i solve this.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

why not use ltrim on your Result field, this will remove the space from the left side of the values for the Result field and then try out your stats counts

|eval Result=ltrim(Result," ")|..rest of your stats n counts

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How are you applying the filter (please share your search/dashboard code)?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...